Monday, May 4, 2015

Getting started with Coding

This is not the first time I decide to start with Coding. Since the university where I was presented to Java, I have made some approaches with Shell and C. I have gave up from both.
 The fact is, for some reason I don't know, I have some difficult to dedicate all my attention in learning coding. I feel like when I was in the middle school learning math. I was not that bad, actually I was good,but, I have had to spend a lot of energy to stay focus. If I was able to stay focus since the beginning of a new subject in math, I was able to compete with those who had much more talent than me. Different from any other subject  with a few amount of time and energy I was able to go for it and have a nice score.
 I feel the same when it comes to coding. I had not a good experience with Java in the university and I hated to have Java in a Computer administration course.
 The reason why I decided to try again is because there is always a voice inside me saying to learn it. Actually, I can do my job very well without knowing any programming language, I did it so far, but, I realize that to go farther and really make the difference, I need to know at least one scripting programming language.
 With that in mind, I decide to try again and this time I choose Python. Python looks a lovely Programming language. It can be defined as a scripting language and looks far more easier than Java or C. I know that if a programmer read this post he would say something like "you need to learn the logic", programming language is just a tool to use the logic. Ok, I agree, but, I don't see any problem in get more comfortable with one tool than other. As I see so far, Python looks really great.
 I am really excited about it. I feel like I finally found something to start. As long as I can keep focus, I believe I can learn it and have success using it during my jobs. I have seen Python inside boxes I have access to. Cisco boxes are full of Python scripts. I know I can not change it but I can understande it and maybe getting more comfortable and easy my pain in some situation.
 I've read about nice things related with Data centers automation and it is all about scripting. Water it down can  be the next step I need to become more and more successful in my profession. That's I am always looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment