Thursday, February 19, 2015

Playing with Linux - Formating Pendrive


Linux is an amazin Operational System. For those of us which play with Cisco ISO every day, Linux is not supposed to be hard, but, in fact it is.
 I am playing with Linux for quite a while, but sometimes I got myself stuck in many things. Today, I´d like to show you folks a very newby action but somtimes necessary during your days activity.
I´d like to show you how can you prepare a Pendrive, previously only used on Lunix, to be used on Windows.
You may need to install dosfstools. You can do that with :

apt-get install dosfstools.

Than you can identify you installed Pendrive using fdisk -l

Onde identified your Pendrive, you can user the following command:

mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sd(a,b)(x).

In my case mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sdb1



No comments:

Post a Comment