Tuesday, August 5, 2014

APT-GET UPDATE behind Proxy


 Hi there!  Again we are here bringing one more article for you folks and, this time, we will play a little bit with Linux. Debian Wheezy to be more specific.

Ultimately I am playing with Asterisk again. Asterisk has inspired me to write down this Blog and I never forgot how amazing Asterisk is. So, as soon as my projets gives me a bit of time, I decided to look around and see how things are going on Asterisk world.
 Therefore, after successfully installed my Debian, I got stuck in a problem:


This error repeat after a lot of configuration. First, I realized that the DNS was resolving to an IPv6 address, so, I decide to disable IPv6, then, I fell in the error above.
 The problem is, here within  the company network, we use proxy and that´s the problem. Despite the fact that my source list was all ok, I was unable to access any site on 80 port.
The solution applied was to configure a file at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d called ´02proxy with the following script:

Acquire {

HTTP::proxy "http://proxy.xxxxx.local:8080";

}


Everything is fine!!

That´s it. A very simple solution but also very usefull if you need to setup a Linux server behind a web proxy.
 I hope this was informing for you as it was for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment